Creator Janeen Mansour of the 1st Annual Noble Awards For Hollywood Charity Work Takes Center Stage Oct. 18th In Beverly Hills To Honor Celebrity Humanitarians
Beverly Hills, CA – Eva Longoria, Teri Hatcher, Norman Lear, Lionel Richie, Laila Ali, Nancy O’Dell, Joel Madden, Brett Ratner, Kenny BabyfaceEdmonds and Anna Lynne McCord have been confirmed on a big list of celebrity humanitarians attending a star-studded awards event this Sunday, Oct. 18th at the Beverly Hilton, Beverly Hills.
Confirmed singers and performers include: Brian McKnight and Julio Iglesias Jr.
TV Anchor Janeen Mansour and Executive Producer Ziad Batal are the creators of this Sunday’s event honoring humanitarian celebs. Billed as the 1st Annual Noble Humanitarian Awards, the two hour event will be produced on behalf of theCelebrity Charity Awards Corporation (CCAC); The CCAC is a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization.
Brian McKnight is an American singer, songwriter, arranger, producer, and pop and R&B musician. He is a multi-instrumentalist who can play nine instruments: piano, guitar, bass guitar, drums, percussions, trombone, tuba, French horn and trumpet. Brian McKnight has earned himself a spot in contemporary music history. He has released 11 albums to date, 7 of them have gone platinum, with several going 2 and 3x platinum, and has sold over 20 Million albums worldwide. He just released a new album last month. Brian has received numerous awards including Soul Train Awards and Image Awards, and numerous nominations including Grammy’s, MTV Video Music Awards, BET Awards and American Music Awards.
Julio Iglesias Jr. was born in Madrid, Spain to well-known singer, Julio Iglesias and Isabel Preysler. He moved to Miami, Florida at a very young age, a place he now considers home. Although he has spent his whole life surrounded by music, his own personal journey into the music industry didn’t begin until the late 90’s when he released his first album in English titled “Under My Eyes” with Epic Records. With the desire to go back to his roots and reestablish himself, the budding musician searched for new territory to conquer. Julio chose to sing in Spanish and the result is the mind-expanding Tercera Dimension. Currently in Spain but he will soon be in Hollywood to record a new album and do some cinema.
The Celebrity Charity Awards Corporation will launch a year-round campaign to better unify the efforts of charities with celebrities, influencers, media and everyday citizens in order to create an effective forum for change and service through the staging of the first annual awards on October 18th. The awards, which are more like sculptures are designed by Antonio Banderas along with handicapped and burn victims. The charity honorees for the first annual Noble Humanitarian Awards include:
- The Art of Elysium encourages actors, artists and musicians to volunteer their time and talent to children battling serious medical conditions. It provides artistic workshops in acting, art, comedy, fashion, music, radio, songwriting and creative writing
- Best Buddies, founded by Anthony Kennedy Shriver, creates opportunities for one-to-one friendships, integrated employment and leadership development for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, founded in 1901, has treated the most seriously ill and injured children in Los Angeles for more than a century, and is widely recognized as one of the top pediatric facilities in the nation
- DoSomething.org seeks to empower young people to take action around any cause, aiming to activate two million people per year by 2011. It enables a generation of teenagers to convert their ideas and energy into positive action
- The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundationoffers innovative research programs, collaborative training initiatives, advocacy efforts and rapidly expanding prevention and treatment programs that bring dramatic changes to the lives of children worldwide
- Keep a Child Alive offers life-saving anti-retroviral treatment, care and support services to children and families whose lives have been affected by HIV/AIDS in Africa and India by directly engaging the global public in the fight against AIDS
- Stand Up To Cancer, a program of the Entertainment Industry Foundation, is a collaboration uniting the major television networks, entertainment industry executives, celebrities and prominent leaders in cancer research and patient advocacy
- Women’s Sports Foundation, founded in 1974 by Billie Jean King, is dedicated to increasing opportunities for girls and women in sports and fitness through education, advocacy, recognition and grants
“Celebrities have been donating their time to charity hey feel passionate about for a long time, “said Janeen Mansour, founder of the event. Earlier this year she launched the first successful Celebrity Shoe Toss, where music, TV and Movie celebs donated hundreds of shoes to needy families of the Salvation Army.
Mansour has interviewed tons of celebrities and said she was inspired for this project after interviewing the Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York and learning about her significant charitable work.
“Celebrities attract media coverage, and organizations benefit,” she said. “With the Noble Awards, we aim to turn around the spotlight onto these celebrities and charities in a move that recognizes, educations, inspires and encourages even more support from the Hollywood community and the public at large. It’s an annual celebration of service and volunteerism,” said Mansour.
The Line up of Hollywood movers and shakes behind the cameras and scenes will also make for a powerful and emotional evening. The star-studded veterans of Hollywood teaming up for the Noble Awards Show production with Janeen Mansour include:
- Ziad Batal (Executive Producer), founder of All 4 Media, one of the most prominent film/TV production companies, and the creator and producer of dozens of reality, talk and sports programs in the Middle East
- Michael B. Seligman (Producer), President & CEO of Seligman Entertainment, Inc, whose 35 years of work includes the Oscars, the Emmy’s, AFI’s, Kennedy Center Honors and Stand Up To Cancer
- Tisha Fein (Producer), whose three-decade experience includes the Emmys, Grammys, Tonys, World Music Awards, Fashion Rocks, Movies Rock and Stand Up to Cancer
- Danette Herman (Producer/Executive in Charge of Talent), whose work spans the Academy Awards, Emmys, Kennedy Center Honors, CNN Heroes, Stand Up To Cancer and Live Earth
“Everyone should be part of the noble awards,” said Executive Producer Ziad Batal. “Because it’s something you can teach your kids. This is about giving awards to people who do noble, incredible things. We are inspiring a revolutioin for giving,” he said.
Be sure to visit this blog for updates and developments on who’s coming, who’s participating and how you can get involved: If not you who else?
Humanity needs leaders like you
(Be Noble and Take the Challenge)